|OPENPAM_LOG(3)||FreeBSD Library Functions Manual||OPENPAM_LOG(3)|
NAMEopenpam_log — log a message through syslog
LIBRARYPluggable Authentication Module Library (libpam, -lpam)
SYNOPSIS#include < sys/types.h>
#include < security/pam_appl.h>
#include < security/openpam.h>
openpam_log( int level, const char *fmt, ...);
DESCRIPTIONThe openpam_log() function logs messages using syslog(3). It is primarily intended for internal use by the library and modules.
The level argument indicates the importance of the message. The following levels are defined:
- Debugging messages. For internal use only.
- Debugging messages. These messages are normally not logged unless the global integer variable openpam_debug is set to a non-zero value, in which case they are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_DEBUG.
- Information about the progress of the authentication process, or other non-essential messages. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_INFO.
- Messages relating to non-fatal errors. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_NOTICE.
- Messages relating to serious errors. These messages are logged with a syslog(3) priority of LOG_ERR.
The remaining arguments are a printf(3) format string and the corresponding arguments.
The openpam_log() function does not modify the value of errno.
STANDARDSThe openpam_log() function is an OpenPAM extension.
AUTHORSThe openpam_log() function and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and Network Associates Laboratories, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (“CBOSS”), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program.
The OpenPAM library is maintained by<firstname.lastname@example.org>.
|September 12, 2014||FreeBSD|