NAMEOPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER, SSLeay, SSLeay_version - get OpenSSL version number
#define OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER 0xnnnnnnnnnL
const char *SSLeay_version(int t);
DESCRIPTIONOPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER is a numeric release version identifier:
MMNNFFPPS: major minor fix patch status
The status nibble has one of the values 0 for development, 1 to e for betas 1 to 14, and f for release.
0x000906000 == 0.9.6 dev
0x000906023 == 0.9.6b beta 3
0x00090605f == 0.9.6e release
Versions prior to 0.9.3 have identifiers < 0x0930. Versions between 0.9.3 and 0.9.5 had a version identifier with this interpretation:
MMNNFFRBB major minor fix final beta/patch
0x000904100 == 0.9.4 release
0x000905000 == 0.9.5 dev
Version 0.9.5a had an interim interpretation that is like the current one, except the patch level got the highest bit set, to keep continuity. The number was therefore 0x0090581f.
For backward compatibility, SSLEAY_VERSION_NUMBER is also defined.
SSLeay() returns this number. The return value can be compared to the macro to make sure that the correct version of the library has been loaded, especially when using DLLs on Windows systems.
SSLeay_version() returns different strings depending on t:
- The text variant of the version number and the release date. For example, "OpenSSL 0.9.5a 1 Apr 2000".
- The compiler flags set for the compilation process in the form "compiler: ..." if available or "compiler: information not available" otherwise.
- The date of the build process in the form "built on: ..." if available or "built on: date not available" otherwise.
- The "Configure" target of the library build in the form "platform: ..." if available or "platform: information not available" otherwise.
- The "OPENSSLDIR" setting of the library build in the form "OPENSSLDIR: "..."" if available or "OPENSSLDIR: N/A" otherwise.
For an unknown t, the text "not available" is returned.
RETURN VALUEThe version number.
HISTORYSSLeay() and SSLEAY_VERSION_NUMBER are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER is available in all versions of OpenSSL. SSLEAY_DIR was added in OpenSSL 0.9.7.