NAMEmenu_pattern - get and set a menu's pattern buffer
DESCRIPTIONEvery menu has an associated pattern match buffer. As input events that are printable characters come in, they are appended to this match buffer and tested for a match, as described in menu_driver(3X).
The function set_menu_pattern sets the pattern buffer for the given menu and tries to find the first matching item. If it succeeds, that item becomes current; if not, the current item does not change.
The function menu_pattern returns the pattern buffer of the given menu.
RETURN VALUEThe function menu_pattern returns a pointer, which is NULL if the menu parameter is NULL. Otherwise, it is a pointer to a string which is empty if no pattern has been set. It does not set errno.
The function set_menu_pattern may return the following error codes:
- The routine succeeded.
- Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument.
- Routine was called from an initialization or termination function.
- No items are connected to menu.
- Character failed to match.
- System error occurred (see errno).