NAMEgss_inquire_cred_by_mech — Obtain per-mechanism information about a credential
SYNOPSIS#include < gssapi/gssapi.h>
gss_inquire_cred_by_mech( OM_uint32 *minor_status, const gss_cred_id_t cred_handle, const gss_OID mech_type, gss_name_t *name, OM_uint32 *initiator_lifetime, OM_uint32 *acceptor_lifetime, gss_cred_usage_t *cred_usage);
DESCRIPTIONObtains per-mechanism information about a credential.
- Mechanism specific status code.
- A handle that refers to the target credential. Specify GSS_C_NO_CREDENTIAL to inquire about the default initiator principal.
- The mechanism for which information should be returned.
- The name whose identity the credential asserts. Storage associated with this name must be freed by the application after use with a call to gss_release_name(). Specify NULL if not required.
- The number of seconds for which the credential will remain capable of initiating security contexts under the specified mechanism. If the credential can no longer be used to initiate contexts, or if the credential usage for this mechanism is GSS_C_ACCEPT, this parameter will be set to zero. If the implementation does not support expiration of initiator credentials, the value GSS_C_INDEFINITE will be returned. Specify NULL if not required.
- The number of seconds for which the credential will remain capable of accepting security contexts under the specified mechanism. If the credential can no longer be used to accept contexts, or if the credential usage for this mechanism is GSS_C_INITIATE, this parameter will be set to zero. If the implementation does not support expiration of acceptor credentials, the value GSS_C_INDEFINITE will be returned. Specify NULL if not required.
How the credential may be used with the specified mechanism. One of the following:
- Successful completion
- The referenced credentials could not be accessed
- The referenced credentials were invalid
- The referenced credentials have expired. If the lifetime parameter was not passed as NULL, it will be set to 0.
- RFC 2743
- Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2, Update 1
- RFC 2744
- Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings
HISTORYThe gss_inquire_cred_by_mech function first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0.
AUTHORSJohn Wray, Iris Associates
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) The Internet Society (2000). All Rights Reserved.
This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative works. However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than English.
The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns.
This document and the information contained herein is provided on an "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|January 26, 2010||FreeBSD|